Friday 10 June 2011

Day 9 - Pear Shaped, Just for a mo..

The day started so well, I cooked Martin & I Bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast (watch out Jamie Oliver), but Rob was having none of it and insisted on the B&Q approach. I even washed up!
We cycled to Queensferry and could see the iconic Forth Bridge as we approached. Luckily Rob had packed his megaphone which he used to shout at me to stop going down the A9 which was banned to cyclists from that point.
Unfortunately this meant we had to squeeze down a narrow cycle path and when Martin chose to stop to take a photo, Rob chose to weigh up the full aesthetics of the shot by eyes-righting and promptly rode into the back of Martin. The subsequent arc that Rob's bike made in  the air with Rob still attached was impressive. Luckily Rob didn't break anything of his own but managed to shear off Martin's derailieur. I can't say much else about it as I saw it in full and await a letter from Martin's Solicitors...

Whilst Martin went to find a cycle shop over the fourth, Rob & I cycled over the road bridge and then along to Stirling.
We cycled right in to the quad at Craigforth.
I then visited a few work colleagues dressed in my rediculous garb and Rob did likewise.
We then tried to visit an old mutual friend in causewayhead, who had obviously got word of our arrival and went out!

Undeterred we headed off through Bridge of Allan and then Dunblane and round the back of Gleneagles before arriving at Auchterarder. Here we met back up with Martin.

We all stayed with an old friend of ours and his wife in their stunning house. I'm well jealous and am currently working out how to get a work transfer to Stirling. Ok so the rest of my family are allergic to rain and don't speak the local lingo but there must be ways round that?
We had a lovely evening with the now health food of choice, chicken curry & naans washed down with red wine & cider.
Great evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment