Sunday 12 June 2011

Day 11 - The World falls out of my Bottom

I dreamt last night that we had set off on the bikes, only for me to have to dive in to the local hospital for treatment. I woke up, it was 4am and I had been projectile vommitting everywhere. What's more, both ends had lost any decorrum.  I was then faced with having to rush to the loo every half hour or so amidst trying to clear up the mess as best I could, which as anyone will tell you is not easy given you're not feeling well. It didn't help that I'd had the Tomato soup to start....
Breakfast consisted of 1/4 slice of toast and a pint of water with Dioralyte thanks to the landlady who was very helpful.
The 3 of us then trawled through all the options available to us.  There was no way I was going to be able to cycle today. Even without the loo rush problem, cycling when dehydrated does not work and could make matters even worse.
We all have to be back at work on Wednesday so our options are very limited. I didn't want to stop the other two from finishing their goals.
Martin, bless 'im paid for my room for another night and I've spent most of the day asleep. Rob left me a message to say that the Aviemore climb is a gradual one, but I now have less than 44 hours to cover the remaining 170 miles feeling like death. I've chosen to catch the other two up by train to Golspie.
You will appreciate that this isn't an easy call after 10 days of slog.
In truth, I'm gutted.
So there you have it , Im now traveling from Lands End to John O'Groats, 11/12ths by cycle and 1/12th by Train.  :O(


1 comment:

  1. OMG!Keep on going.
    A little break will do u good. C u soon xx
    Janet

    ReplyDelete