Thursday 9 June 2011

Day 8 - Edinburgh gains 3 Tourists

Fantastic breakfast again ! The hotel was posh enough to have the manager walking round the restaurant, greeting guests and chatting to each table. She offered us a voucher for tea for two at the hotel for a charitable donation.
We all set off up the A703 on the Edinburgh road. Martin stopped to don his wet weather gear because the man who chucks buckets of water at you when riding in Scotland had started again! I carried on for a bit only to get a phone call from Rob who had had to turn back to go and find his gloves which he'd left at the Hotel !!
Gel gloves were essential for this particular ride because in places it was like riding at speed over crushed building rubble. On high pressure skinny tyres it can shake your teeth out!
Martin & I had hot drinks in a French cafe in Penicuik until Rob caught up. We then all rode in to Edinburgh together. I did nearly cause an RTA by spilling my blood monitoring meter into the middle of the road for the 2nd time this week. The car only skidded for a small distance....

When we arrived at Martin's work's office, I discovered I'd also shed at some stage one of my two flip flops. This meant I had to click my way round Edinburgh in cleats until I found some new flip flops. You get some odd looks from people because when they turn round they expect to be being followed by someone in stillettos!
Martin went off to get a power nap whilst Rob & I walked up the Golden mile to the Castle.
Hopefully this will be a good break before we enter the final third tomorrow when we set off for Stirling and then Gleneagles.


No comments:

Post a Comment