Saturday 9 March 2013

Last Training Run?

Well, here we are then one week left. OMG! The email from the organisers this week said I should be tapering this week, but I felt that I should still be ramping up!
So I donned my new running shorts, because you have to have tried all clothing before the big day, planned a 6 mile route and set off this afternoon.
My negative brain was constantly nagging me to have a walk, particularly given the doubling of distance from Tuesday. After a mile and a half it got the better of me. Luckily I was able to get going again. There were several more walks to come, but also plenty of jogging.  I managed 5.8 miles (9.3K) in 64 minutes which was ok
However the state of my shins as I type this mean I will be resting them now until the big day next Sunday.  I'll have to now concentrate on serious carb packing instead ;O)

No comments:

Post a Comment